On this special day I hope Santa Claus, the Chanukah zombie, Kawanzaabot, Istishia; the King of the Water Elementals, or whatever cheerfully marketable mascot associated with this time of year that you like best brought you loads of cool stuff.
I already mentioned the stuff I ordered for myself as grandpa’s present to me so I won’t comment on that. Other than to say that my New X-Men omnibus is heavy enough to turn a gopher into paste if it should ever fall on one.
So what other joy did I find under my tree you? How lovely of you to ask!
- A nice selection of new shirts, socks, underwear, gloves, shoes, and a light leather jacket. It truly is a sign that you’ve become a lameass adult when you get underwear for Christmas and you’re happy about it.
- Some wash rags, a potato peeler, and a Tupperware tub. This was from my dad and step-mom. I think they must have misunderstood me when I told them I bought those things for my apartment back in Japan. Still, they won’t go to waste. I’ll use them once I get a place here in the States.
- A bag of my favorite candy; nerds. There is no small amount of irony in that and it’s not lost on me.
- A really sweet MP3 player. The flight back to Japan just got a lot more bearable.
- A new Columbia wallet and belt. These I really needed. My belt has seen better days and my wallet was literally falling apart.
Christmas Day itself was pretty good. Mom, Denny, Aunt Vicki, Cainen, and much to my surprise, my great uncle Tommy and his wife all came by. I haven’t seen Uncle Tommy in years. I wish I’d thought to grab a picture.
We let the dog come downstairs to where we were opening presents. But she kept running around jumping all over everything and driving us nuts. So she got exiled upstairs for the rest of the presents being opening and we had to listen to her whine endlessly.
The worst the cat did was crawl around in the presents once. She doesn’t even knock ornaments of the tree anymore.
For now my after holiday plans are to hit the malls and enjoy the after Christmas sales. I also got almost $200 in cash from various relatives. Times to score a few more goodies and vitals before it’s because to the salt mines in Japan.
I’m waiting to hear back from ryogalost and see if he’s going to be able to come up and visit. If he can’t make I’ll just mail him the package with the gifts for everyone down in that neck of the woods. donna_c_punk already got the stuff I sent her, so that box is the last of the gifts I brought back.